Orange Cranberry Scones
- 1 bag Sweet Elizabeth’s Organics Muffin Mix (love already included)
- 1/2 cup Cold butter or cold coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp orange juice organic is best!
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 orange zested organic please
- 1/3 cup applesauce no sugar added
Preheat oven to 350˚ and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Pour Sweet Elizabeth's Muffin or Coffee Cake Mix into a medium size bowl and cut in the butter or coconut oil. (Use either pastry cutter or two forks to incorporate into muffin mix.)
Once the butter or coconut oil is really well incorporated, set aside.
In a small bowl, mix together the applesauce zest and orange juice.
Add wet mixture to the flour and oil/butter mixture. Combine.
Gently fold in dried cranberries.
Shape the dough into a ball (it will be a really thick dough) and lay it on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet and begin to use your hands to pat down the dough ball into a 10” large circle.
Slice the circle into 8 triangles and spread them apart onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Bake for 8-12 minutes or until puffed up and slightly golden brown.